Friday, October 15, 2010

Dear Canada... See you in 6.

So tonight is my last night in Canada!  Tomorrow I jump on a flight to Amsterdam, then to Accra (Ghana).  As I sit here with my folks, drinking one last beer before 6 months of sobriety, I am torn between two extremes.  On one hand, I'm getting very excited to reunite with my group and begin this awesome adventure, on the other I know I am going to miss home so much.... I think it's a healthy balance, though.

Speaking of home, I can't thank everyone enough for how supportive they've been, especially my family.  I spent an amazing summer at home, and the last week has been incredible.  It will be very hard to be so far from them for this long... but I know they will always be there for me and I love them very much. 

So the whole idea about the name of the blog - 'jump*' is our group motto.  It stands for a lot of different things, including many group goals, as well as being personal to each one of us.  It is our commitment to each other, ourselves and immersing fully and giving our all to this wonderful opportunity.

So the next time I write, I'll be in Ghana -- an entire ocean away.  I'm sure it will be very much more interesting then the first couple notes.  I look forward to seeing everyone again upon my return.  Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Matty 

No comments:

Post a Comment