Saturday, October 9, 2010

In the Beginning...

So here I sit, one week prior to my depature to Ghana.  A lot of different emotions going through my head; excited, nervous, happy, anxious, and just a dash of scared.  For the most part I feel prepared, both mentally and physically, now all I have to worry about is packing - trying to fit six months of my life into a 39 litre bag.

I've got an amazing group that I'll be travelling with: Jaquelin, Jennifer, Michelle, Rachel and Hannah.  Together we've already been through 5 amazing weeks of preparation all over southern Ontario, which included a 5 day bike trip along the rail trail, among many other amazing.  It's hard to believe we've known eachother such a short time, but I wouldn't want to go to Ghana with anyone else.

So what do I expect over the course of the next 6 months?  Well... I dunno.  And I'm very excited about that.  I've got a rough idea of where I'll be and what I'll be doing, but for the most part it is unknown.  I intend to learn alot and take advantage of this amazing opportnity.  If you're reading this you most likely know why I'm going so I'll keep it brief and short.  If you don't know what I'm doing, check out this website http://www.oneworlded.com/ghana.html

That's it that's all... I try and keep ya posted along this journey so stay tuned.

Cheers,   

Matty

No comments:

Post a Comment