Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is our final day in Accra and then we're off to Nkawkaw tomorrow on a trotro! 

A lot has happened it the last couple days... I'm not sure where to begin!  The fruit here is amazingly good.  I've never tasted a banana so good... and we found "Sweet one", the pineapple lady... yum.  We visted a few museums and got to ocean today! The ocean is very different then back home... a lot of grabage... and there were pigs and goats, and it was warm (but we didn't go swimming).  We also got lessons today on drumming at the cultrual centre.  My teacher was Anthony, and he's a really nice guy. 

As we are still in the rainy season, we woke up this morning to a torrential downpour and lightning storm.  It was really neat! 

Yestraday we went to Kaneshi Market (the one on amazing race mom and dad with the yellow background and where they finished with the lady with fish on her head.).  It was neat, we walked around for along time.  It's so very strange standing out everywhere I go. 

I'm not really sure what else to share, by the next time I have computer access, I should have a lot more to say! it's only been three days here, and it seems like a lot longer.  Language lessons start this week, and we will be learning Twi.  One word I have learned is Obruni... everywhere we go people shout it... it means white person. 

It's hard to explain all that is going on, but I'm having alot of fun and learning alot.  I'm going to try and upload a lot of photos on facebook, but I'm having trouble, I'll upload one at the monument erected for Ghananian Independence... it represesnts the trunk of a tree and a new beginning.

Cheers,

Matty

No comments:

Post a Comment